Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Several Blue Screen Errors

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ryrhino

ryrhino

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:46 AM

Hello,
Windows 8.1 64 bit is my OS.

I have received the following blue screen errors the past few days

• Bad_pool_header
  • driver_corrupted_pool
  • page_fault_in_nonpaged_area(WiseTDIFw64.sys)
  • driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal(afd.sys)
  • Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area(WiseTDIFw64.sys)

I had been using Panda free antivirus but it blocked my internet connection so I switched to avast free. Is it possible that is the reason I have been getting the blue screens? If so how do I know if this caused the blue screens? I did a scan with avast and it did not find any viruses or malware. Malwarebytes scan found no detected objects.

I do not have any Wise softeare installed.

If that is not the reason what else is the cause of the issue? If it is a driver issue how do I check? Is it safe to replace a driver if needed?

According to drive booster these are the outdated drivers

Attached File  2015-07-28 17_48_18-Driver Booster.png   182.26KB   0 downloads

Which drivers would you suggest updating if any?  If this software is not a good way to update drivers what free software to update drivers do you suggest?

If any of the above is not the issue what is the issue and how do I resolve the issue?

I don't know if this will be useful to help resolve this issue but here is the results of running this scan. I don't know what it means. I don't know how to fix any files or errors if I need to do so. Please tell me what to do.

Attached File  2015-07-30 08_36_48-Administrator_ Command Prompt.png   11.97KB   0 downloads

Thanks for your help.

Edited by ryrhino, 31 July 2015 - 09:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,067 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:53 AM

Hi. . .

Please run - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Regards. . .

jcgriff2
Microsoft MVP 2009-2015

#3 ryrhino

ryrhino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

Here are the requested BSOD files

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp (2).zip   762.09KB   4 downloads

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   734.43KB   4 downloads

Attached File  resourcepreformance.html   2.82MB   0 downloads

I have also ran the driver verifier from this post http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576333/driver-verifier-bsod-related-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

I don't know how to get results from the driver verifier.  How do I know if it helped to solve the issue?

Here are results from WhoCrashed

Attached File  2015-08-01 10_01_31-WhoCrashed (HOME EDITION) v 5.50 - http___www.resplendence.com.png   378.57KB   0 downloads

Attached File  2015-07-31 22_59_20-Local &Drivers.png   351.13KB   0 downloads

What are the next steps?

Edited by ryrhino, 01 August 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:13 AM

Driver Verifier may cause a BSOD.  If it does, please zip up the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump and upload it with your next post.
You may have to copy the files to your desktop in order to zip them up.

Don't forget to turn Driver Verifier off (it's the "Delete existing settings" button that does this).

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 ryrhino

ryrhino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

Is this Attached File  2015-08-03 11_49_53-Windows.png   5.53KB   0 downloads the same thing that showed up in the whocrashed results?  If so should I delete it? Should I use right mouse click to delete it or what way should I delete it?

I submitted a support ticket to avast in case that is the cause of the bsod errors. I have not heard back yet.

The only item I can find with the name wise on my pc is the above item. I looked in programs/features and C: windows/programs.  I did have WiseCare365 installed but I uninstalled it. 

Don't forget to turn Driver Verifier off (it's the "Delete existing settings" button that does this). Done.

What are my next steps?

Edited by ryrhino, 03 August 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

OK, as Avast was blamed in the last 2 WhoCrashed results - it's easiest to just uninstall the Avast and see what happens.

While you're waiting, use Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall to help protect you.

Once you've determined if it's Avast or not, then feel free to install a freshly downloaded copy of Avast.

After it's installed, be sure to update it and then scan the full systems (just to be sure that nothing has snuck onto the system).

As for the WiseTDIFw64.sys driver, it probably belongs to some sort of disk cleaning software.

Beyond that, I'd strongly suggest that you get legitimate software for your system.

It's possible that the hacks used to activate the software could be causing your problems.

If the problems persist after you've become legitimate, feel free to post back

FYI - the forum rules prohibit helping with pirated software.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 ryrhino

ryrhino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

When I was using chrome today I got another blue screen error

Whocrashed gave me this information

Attached File  2015-08-04 09_13_11-WhoCrashed (HOME EDITION) v 5.50 - http___www.resplendence.com.png   42.98KB   0 downloads

I am not sure what is meant by pirated software.  When I did download WiseCare I downloaded it from this site http://www.wisecleaner.com/wise-care-365.html

I have uninstalled WiseCare 365 awhile ago.  I am not going to download it again.

Could chrome or a browser extension such as dashlane have caused the blue screen?

Please tell me what you meant by legitimate software and where the software is legitimate.  I thought I have legitimate software. If I don't where do I get legitimate software?  Trying to learn. 

I have uninstalled avast for at least a week and had not had a blue screen error until today 8/4/2015

Thanks for everyone who has helped.

Edited by ryrhino, 04 August 2015 - 10:36 AM.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:12 AM

Unfortunately it appears that the OS installed isn't legitimate.
Please get a legitimate copy of the OS installed and we'll be glad to help.

Here's suggestions on how to ensure that your version is legitimate:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

There are enough signs here that I have to wonder about this installation. Should this be a pirated copy of Windows, please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

Please provide this report:

License Information (Windows 8)

• Right click on the aa922834-ed43-40f1-8830-d5507badb56c_39. button
  • Click on Command prompt =>
  • Inside the Command Prompt windows copy and paste the following command
    licensingdiag.exe -report "%userprofile%\Desktop\report.txt" -log "%userprofile%\Desktop\repfiles.cab"
  • Once finished please go to your desktop ->  You will see two files report.txt and repfiles.cab -> Please select both files and add them into a zip file
  • Upload this zip file to your next reply

#9 ryrhino

ryrhino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:55 AM

Here is the requested report

Attached File  report.zip   549.32KB   2 downloads

Please let me know if I have a legitimate copy of Windows. If I don't how do I get a legitimate copy?

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

I'll have to wait for an expert to look at your files (I am not qualified to analyze them).

To ensure that you have a legitimate copy of all Microsoft files, please visit this link:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuine

#11 ryrhino

ryrhino
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:23 PM

I don't know if this is useful or not but this pc did get the get Windows 10 icon.  My understanding is that if a pc does not have a legitimate copy of Windows that pc would not get the get Windows 10 icon. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:14 AM

While we're waiting for an expert to look at the reports, have you visited the Genuine link that I posted previously?

You can update to Win10 if you have an illegal copy of WIndows - you'll just end up with an illegal copy of Win10 (and the installation my get messed up because of the hacks used to activate illegal copies).

While I cannot read the files that you provided very well, I see enough that leads me to suspect that the OS might be legitimate.
As such, we'll proceed on that assumption until an expert weighs in on the reports.

Please zip up and upload the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump.  If you have difficulty zipping it up, try copying it to your Desktop before you zip it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users