Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Repeated BSODs on Win 8.1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Abdullah719

Abdullah719

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:18 AM

The BSODs started yesterday while I was watching a live stream on YouTube. Since then, they have been frequently occurring, usually while I am browsing. I left CHKDSK running overnight and it seemed to have completed, but I could not locate the log. HDD's SMART values seem to be fine and memory tests have not shown any issues either. 

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip is attached.

I tried generating the perform report too, but got an error: An error occured while attempting to generate the report. The operator or administrator has refused the request.

· OS - Windows 8.1
· x64
· Original OS - Windows 8
· OEM
· Age of system (hardware) - 10 months
· Age of OS installation - Original, just reset to factory settings once 8 months or so ago.
· CPU - Intel i7-4700MQ
· Video Card - nVidia GeForce GT755M / 2GB GDDR5

· Lenovo
· Y510p (20217)
· Laptop

Would appreciate any help and many thanks in advance. 

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Abdullah719

Abdullah719
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 04:32 PM

Update: A couple of hours after posting this, I got the BSOD again. I recalled that there were some Windows Updates recently, so I removed them (about 5-6 from 28th July) and since then, it hasn't happened again. 

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:09 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Do you still need help with this?

FYI - if removing Windows Updates solves the problem, then it's likely that there was an incompatibility with some of the software on your system (that the Windows Updates affected badly).

Try updating older software and drivers on your system - then see if the problem remains.

The easiest way to update these things is to go to the manufacturer's website and download any updates that are available.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Abdullah719

Abdullah719
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:15 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding.

Do you still need help with this?

FYI - if removing Windows Updates solves the problem, then it's likely that there was an incompatibility with some of the software on your system (that the Windows Updates affected badly).

Try updating older software and drivers on your system - then see if the problem remains.

The easiest way to update these things is to go to the manufacturer's website and download any updates that are available.

Thanks for the response - I decided to just temporarily stop the Windows Updates since I don't want to risk going through the BSODs again at the moment. Anyway, I have Win 10 ready to upgrade to, so will do that shortly and then enable the updates again. To my knowledge, all my software is up-to-date and same for the drivers, barring the Wi-Fi driver which I am deliberately not updating due to the newer one giving some connectivity issues. I have been using it like this for many months so that is unlikely to be the problem. 

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 PM

Posted 05 August 2015 - 10:05 AM

I'll receive an email if you respond to this topic.

I'll respond as soon as I am able, but as you'll notice I have gotten a bit behind in my replies.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users