Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wierd popups and losing space on C-drive.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 byrgesen

byrgesen

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

Hi and thank you in advance!

Im using Windows 7, 64bit. The drive I believe is infected is my C-drive (SSD)

For a couple of days I have sometimes been getting wierd popups when im clicking random spots on a website. For example if I click "next episode" or whatever a popup like this will appear occasionally. This never happened in the past.23kvq8h.png

(The pic above is an advertisement for a giftcard to a danish fashion store)

My pc is also running abit slower than usual. I ran an ADW scan out of curiosity 29-07-2015, and noticed that it deleted alot of keys/softwares such as "istartsurfsofware", "webshield", "IminentToolbar" and more.
None of these have been installed by myself, and must have appeared very recently.

Also as the title says, it would seem that im loosing disk space as well over time (see this link) http://i59.tinypic.com/5d2ujm.png . As far as I'm concerned its the extensions (toolbars etc) added to chrome + random programs that are trying to imply that they'll speed up my system.

Remember, none of these programs/softwares/extensions or whatever, are being installed by myself.

One thing I probably should add.. I downloaded an app (which is now gone) on my Iphone4, which may very well have contained a virus. I usually plug it into my pc to restore the battery. Is it possible that when I plug it in, it is somehow doing this, or is that out of the question?

I will appreciate any help given. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:11 AM

Hello,

please download MiniToolBox by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator and make sure that these options are checked :

• Flush DNS
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List Installed Programs

Post log here .

Step 2

Download TFC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.

Run it as Administrator and click on Start button.

If programs need reboot, allow it to do so.

NOTE: IF your desktop disappears, don't panic, it's normal.

Step 3

Scan with Malwarebytes AntiRootkit

Please download MBAR and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator, tool will extract itself, and then launch.

Click Next to accept terms and conditions, and click Update to obtain latest definitions.

If malware is found click on Cleanup button , but make sure that Create restore point option is checked before proceeding !

Program will ask you to restart, allow it to do so.

Note: If you're experiencing internet connection issues or other anomalies after running MBAR and removal of rootkits, it is recommended to run fixdamage.exe located inside mbar folder. Run it as Administrator and press Y if asks you do you want to continue.

Attach log here.

Step 4

Scan with Zemana Antimalware

Download Zemana Antimalware and install it on your system.

Under Scan type choose Full Scan and let the tool scan system.

If malware is found click Next to remove it, if tool asks for restart, allow it .

If no malware is found , just exit program.

NOTE: Leave actions at default.

Step 5

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator, accept terms of usage, and wait while database is updating.

After it's done with updating, click Scan button and wait while it's scanning.

All found items remove by clicking on Cleaning button, and allow tool to restart.

After restart will make a log which you will attach or paste in your reply.

Step 6

Download JRT by Malwarebytes and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator,accept disclaimer by pressing Y, and wait while it's scanning system.

Tool will automatically scan and remove all found items, if tool requires restart, allow it to do so.

Attach log here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users