Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

W7 to W10 to W7!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:01 AM

Downloaded W10 last night which took nearly 4 hours but fortunately all went well & there were no hitches with the download. But the screen look wasn't as clear as it was in W7, it had a very slight blurry look. No mater what I tried to eliminate the problem I had no luck. Plus there was too much in W10 that I would ever use as I am by no means I am a top dog when it comes to computers.

So I rolled my laptop back to W7 and again no problems occurred and the screen was back to a bright & clear screen as it was before the upgrade. So for what I use my computer for I think I will stick with W7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,949 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:16 AM

'onya mate !!

I am quite sure that there will be an ever increasing number of users doing just as you have done.

.....and well done getting it back to Win 7 without any major dramas !

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 Angoid

Angoid

• Security Colleague
  • 299 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:27 AM

That sounds like it was a display drivers issue to me, or it could have been a wrong screen resolution had been set by Windows.

For LCD and LED displays, the stated resolution of the monitor is the best one to operate it at; anything else will give rise to exactly what you saw.

Windows should have detected it and set it up correctly, so that may not have been the case.

Whenever I've used an LCD/LED display at a different resolution to that specified by the manufacturer, I've typically had a slight blur to the display.

Could be wrong, but it's possible...

Helping a loved one through a mental health issue?  Remember ALGEE...

Assess the risk | Listen nonjudgementally | Give reassurance and info | Encourage professional help | Encourage self-help and support network

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:31 AM

That sounds like it was a display drivers issue to me, or it could have been a wrong screen resolution had been set by Windows.

I would go with that as well. It's not uncommon to see display drivers issues after upgrading Windows. All you have to do is to install the latest version of the drivers in order to get your resolution and look back to normal.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:35 AM

I agree with Angoid.  I had similar issues and reinstalled my driver and rebooted to get my machine to display properly.  Unfortunately I had audio issues and my machine when back to 8.1 until Windows 10 is a bit more mature.

#6 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

Thank you Condobloke for your reply. And the other members  too who replied. I agree with with your idea re drivers. I thought that may have been the case  myself but at my age I only read online news papers etc on my W7 machine  & use hotmail plus play the games that came with W7. So that's me

Like to know what part of OZ you are from Condobloke as I was born way out in the middle of the Nulla Nulla myself. Pm if you wish.

Again thanks fellahs for your input they are always appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users