Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Windows 10:

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 03:24 AM

Hi Guys! This will be the official guide on how to install Windows 10 on your device.

What you will need:

A computer that meets requirements

And the Media Creation Tool Provided by Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Warning!

Before installing Windows 10 make sure you create a backup media in case an error occurs.

Step 1:

Open the media creation tool and click upgrade:

win10-media-creation-tool-1.png

Let the tool run through its process it should do everything from here on out.

Step 2:

Your computer should restart in a couple of minutes after it restarts itself let the upgrade do it's job:

win10-upgrade_01.jpg

Step 3:

After Windows installs itself you are happy to look around and enjoy the new features Microsoft has put around:

Windows_10_build_10240_%28RTM%29.png

From CodeSmasha!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,820 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:01 AM

What's the point of this thread? This information is so redundant, it is in dozens of threads in this forum. I sat here and read and re-read your post and you said absolutely nothing new or useful? What is the point of this thread?

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,820 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:25 AM

There are literally dozens of ways to install Windows 10 in to a home PC. What you described was merely one way, and that is not the best way for every individual and your post was so far from being complete that if anybody tried to follow the steps that you outlined they would be lost and confused. For example your step number one was to open the media creation tool, click upgrade and let the tool run. But the picture you provided didn't go along with that description. The picture you showed indicated that the person requested to download a copy of Windows 10 in order to install on another PC. The picture should have shown the choice of the top choice in order to go with the description you wrote. (Although the way I installed Windows 10 into my computer I chose to download the ISO as your picture indicated.) Step 2 indicated that the computer would restart in a couple of minutes, this would NEVER, EVER happen if they followed the picture that you provided in step number one. 

Since there are literally dozens of ways to upgrade to Windows 10, and your instructions do not make sense and are very incomplete, you should try to delete your post.

Edited by Rocky Bennett, 31 July 2015 - 06:52 AM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:32 AM

That guide could use way more steps. You cannot create an "Official Guide" with only three steps and leaving a lot of instructions behind.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,820 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:33 AM

Here are a couple of REALLY useful guides for people to follow. Remember that there are literally dozens of way to install Windows 10 in to a home PC, so you should analyze your own needs and choose a method that is appropriate to your situation.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2267-windows-10-upgrade-installation.html

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

These guides are just some of the ways that an individual might choose to install Windows 10 into their home PC, but every scenario is different so be careful to choose the method that is best for you.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:25 PM

I guess you are right whats the use of this thread I guess you could delete the topic

#7 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:36 AM

Well, Smasha, don't you have some unique tips or guides?  You went through the process.  You now have the links from Rocky, maybe those links have something missing.  Or, you can create new finds yourself, and that would justify the topic?  You obviously love Windows 10, so maybe explain why?

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:18 AM

This thread won't be deleted Smasha. It's just that if you want to post a tutorial or "official guide", it would be good if you made it worthy of that title.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:29 PM

I guess I could add more to the topics in the future, and yes maybe I probably find something that is missing in the articles. For now i'm just ready to move back to the good old Windows 7

Edited by CodeSmasha, 01 August 2015 - 08:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users