Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble installing windows updates

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 guit30

guit30

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:51 PM

I am having problems installing windows updates in my Windows 7. Was going to have Windows 10 automatically downloaded, but changed my mind a couple of days ago and undid the auto update. Using Norton NIS, SuperAntiSpyware and Secunia 2. Any suggestions?

Jim

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,940 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 01:49 AM

System Restore ...?

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:11 AM

Download and run the System Update Readiness Tool.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 guit30

guit30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:24 PM

Arachibutyrophobia,

I used the download program that you suggested. I still have an update which won't work in my windows update, has to do with

driver updates. See that last night it tried to download windows 10 twice, but it failed, which it should have done. I had picked 10 for an automatic installation a while back, then changed my mind,so failing to download windows 10 was what I had told it to do. Don't understand what this new update is about.

Thanks,

Jim

PS- I just found something. The tool that you sent me, my acrobat reader could not open it, so it won't run. It did download, but it did not run.

Edited by guit30, 01 August 2015 - 01:00 AM.

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 PM

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:33 AM

SURT is not a PDF file, so the Adobe Acrobat Reader doesn't come into play.

If you go to Windows Update in the Control Panel you can click on the update and a window will open where you can see the update and an explanation of what it's for.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 guit30

guit30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:17 AM

Thanks DC9,

will check

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

#7 guit30

guit30
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:23 AM

It has a box beside it that tells you what update is, but I have always had that. Let me try downloading this again.

Eset Nod32 vs 8

Super Anti Spyware

Secunia 2.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users