Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 doggie015

doggie015

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

UPDATE: After uninstalling KIS2015 the 2016 installation did not cause a BSOD. As this is a kaspersky issue, not a windows issue, I have reported it to the software vendor.

I have a bit of an interesting problem. Trying to install Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 with 2015 already installed on Windows 10 seems to rather reliably cause a BSOD. I haven't tried doing the installation without 2015 installed as I wanted to get this post done in case the uninstallation triggers another BSOD.

Arch: x64

Install type: Upgrade from Windows 8.1

OEM OS: Windows 8. Subsequently updated to 8.1 (Clean install) and 10 (Upgrade)

Age of system: 1.25 years

Age of OS install: ~7 months including Windows 10 upgrade (1 day on Windows 10)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4500U

Video Card: Integrated and nVidia GeForce GT 740M

Manufactuer: HP

Model: F6C70PA#ABG (A.K.A HP Pavilion 15-n214tx)

Laptop

OS is on SSD with documents. Music, videos, games and such are on external HDD's

I suspect it's something to do with the Kaspersky setup. I have attached the files requested in the sticky.

I also have a full backup from before the Windows 10 upgrade and have install media for a clean WIndows 10 install (Extracted from the install.esd file downloaded by Windows 8.1 for the upgrade) so if push comes to shove I am happy to try that option.

Attached Files

Edited by doggie015, 30 July 2015 - 09:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:06 AM

We've had a lot of problems with the 2016 version at work (and actually our only success was installing 2016 on top of 2015 :0)

Several of the BSOD's blame security checks

Beyond that, it's difficult for me to tell because of your use of pirated software.  Also, it's against the forum rules to help with pirated software.

Please get the system to be legitimate and we'll be glad to help further.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users