Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes when I use skype in conjunction with the internet

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Maximilian Hazma

Maximilian Hazma

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

While I'm talking and surfing the net at the same time my computer completely freezes up and I have to reboot. I've used Avast to clear out my excess files, I've used windows defender to do pretty much the same thing; I've also cleaned the inside of my computer of dust. And still the same issues occurs. I'm at a loss at what the problem is. I'm also a google Chrome user. From what I can tell I've enough ram. This problem have been occurring for about a week now. 

I've used the Administrative tool "Event Viewer" and this is what errors pop up (-) <- is used as a separator to each issue that came up. 

0x8007001f 
-
The NVIDIA Update Service Daemon service failed to start due to the following error
The service did not start due to a logon failure.
-
The nvUpdatusService service was unable to log on as .\UpdatusUser with the currently configured password due to the following error: 
Logon failure: the specified account password has expired.

To ensure that the service is configured properly, use the Services snap-in in Microsoft Management Console (MMC).

Please help would be greatly appreciated. I know my way around a computer, but I'm quite a novice at fixing them.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 PM

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:42 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Work, home, and medical problems all combined to take away my time.  Sorry!

Do you still need help with this issue?

Please provide these reports:

1)  Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Maximilian Hazma

Maximilian Hazma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

feel free to delete the post, I'm currently now following your instruction correctly.  Once I get the information correct I'll post it.

Edited by Maximilian Hazma, 05 August 2015 - 06:33 PM.

#4 Maximilian Hazma

Maximilian Hazma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:04 PM

OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? Vista home Premium 
· x86 (32-bit) or x64? x64
· What was original installed OS on system? Yes
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Don't know what that means, but my friend gave me this computer and my settings were uploaded to it. 
· Age of system (hardware) 
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 9/8/12

· CPU  AMD Phenom ™ 9550 Quad-Core Processor 2.20 Ghz
· Video Card  NVIDIA GeForce 9500
· MotherBoard - HP-Pavilion (system Model) FK791AA-ABA a6650f
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (N/A)

· System Manufacturer (N/A... I'll update this information)
· Exact model number (N/A... I'll update this information)

· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g898e483f5db2840d9997024372b6828323046e922

(Ok, hope I did that correctly.)

Attached Files

Edited by Maximilian Hazma, 05 August 2015 - 07:08 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:49 AM

Also need the Admin Event Viewer Report:

Please do the following:
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

I'm late for work, but will try to get to this after mowing the lawn this afternoon.
If not, then it'll be the first post I respond to in the morning.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Maximilian Hazma

Maximilian Hazma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

Also need the Admin Event Viewer Report:

Please do the following:

I'm late for work, but will try to get to this after mowing the lawn this afternoon.
If not, then it'll be the first post I respond to in the morning.

Attached Files

#7 Maximilian Hazma

Maximilian Hazma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:44 PM

I believe I fixed the logon error problem with NVIDIA, I found a way to update the files I needed but my computer froze up again once  talked on skype and surfed the internet again.  I checked the Event Viewer and these where the error that popped up right after the shut down.

-The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: 
i8042prt

-The previous system shutdown at 2:25:05 PM on 8/6/2015 was unexpected.

-Audit events have been dropped by the transport.  The real time backup file was corrupt due to improper shutdown.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:05 AM

Many errors with Avast just prior to the shutdown (most were in the User Profile Service error)

Please uninstall Avast (temporarily).

While testing, please download and install Microsoft Security Essentials so that you have some protection while we're working - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

Did you update the nVidia files?  If so, where did you get the download from?

The WER section of MSINFO32 shows several BSOD's that are blamed on lvuvc64.sys - a Logitech USB video/webcam driver.

These errors date from 2012 to 2014 - so it's possible that this device is no longer on your system.

Is this device still installed?

#9 Maximilian Hazma

Maximilian Hazma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

Many errors with Avast just prior to the shutdown (most were in the User Profile Service error)

Please uninstall Avast (temporarily).

While testing, please download and install Microsoft Security Essentials so that you have some protection while we're working - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download

Did you update the nVidia files?  If so, where did you get the download from?

The WER section of MSINFO32 shows several BSOD's that are blamed on lvuvc64.sys - a Logitech USB video/webcam driver.

These errors date from 2012 to 2014 - so it's possible that this device is no longer on your system.

Is this device still installed?

Sorry about the gap in time, I'm usually busy on the weekends. 
I've removed avast and currently installing Microsoft Security Essentials 

I downloaded the update from the Nvidia website, through an app called GeForce Experience. That seemed to fix the logon error issue that was previously recorded by the Event Viewer. 

As for the lvuvc64.sys 
I ran a search for the file and it popped up in two notepad files 
sys.list
DriverqV

I'm unsure to if it's still installed or not, from what I recall I'm unsure how I handled this situation from 2 years back. I hope that's helpful.

Attached Files

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:06 AM

lvuvc64.sys is a driver for a Logitech QuickCam Orbit/Sphere webcam

Do you still have this device attached to your system?

If not, then be sure to uninstall it's software.

Beyond that, there's no need to worry about it.

#11 Maximilian Hazma

Maximilian Hazma
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

lvuvc64.sys is a driver for a Logitech QuickCam Orbit/Sphere webcam

Do you still have this device attached to your system?

If not, then be sure to uninstall it's software.

Beyond that, there's no need to worry about it.

I believe I upgraded my Logitech Quickcam with a better version of the product which is why that specific Bsod hasn't happened for quite sometime. When uninstalling the Ivuvc64 driver do I just delete it from the registry or do I remove it in some other fashion?

In either case I haven't had a shut down since I removed avast. Although I rather prefer Avast over Microsoft essentials.  

#12 usasma

usasma

• 25,076 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:38 AM

Wait for a couple of weeks to ensure that the problem doesn't come back

Then set a System Restore point and try a fresh install of Avast (after removing Microsoft Security Essentials).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users