Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is super duper slow. Like really this is my 2nd business computer.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Infecteduser05784956

Infecteduser05784956

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

On my business computer I notice that the applications are running extremely slow. It keeps on freezing and also disconnecting from the Internet. I have gotten so much help from this website and I appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

There are lots of reasons this can happen.  The first step is to localize the issue, but with this being a business computer, you should really have your IT admin fix it... as an IT admin myself, I hate it when people try to implement their own fixes because then I have to fix whatever they broke, plus the original issue. Cheers.

#3 Infecteduser05784956

Infecteduser05784956
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

I am a small business owner, I do not have an IT department.

#4 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:18 PM

Is it cost-effective to try and fix this yourself?  The troubleshooting steps alone will take more time than this is worth... it would actually be cheaper to just buy a new PC with an SSD so you don't have these issues moving forward.  As for a fast fix, chances are you have disk issues.  You can confirm this by opening a command prompt as admin and typing this:  CHKDSK /R then hit Y press Enter and reboot.  Post the results here so we can see if this helped.  Cheers.

#5 Infecteduser05784956

Infecteduser05784956
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

I could fix it myself if I believed I had a bad drive or anything. Previously my little cousins where using the computer to play with it and it slowed down incredibly after that. It could be a virus most likely or something of the sort. If it is deemed to be anything with the hard drive then yes I will take a look into it. Also I appreciate your help, I notice that you only have 14 posts and just registered yesterday. I do not know if you are qualified by the forum for me to just type in commands that you give me whether they are good or bad and they could also affect or get in the way or someone qualified and approved on this forum that will be helping me. Thank you for the replys.

#6 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

No worries.  I've been in IT for 20 years, but by all means, take my recent registration as my only qualification.  Also, check disk (chkdsk /r) is a utility built into windows that will analyze the file system structure on your hard drive.  If any orphaned file fragments or bad sectors are found, CHKDSK will mark those sectors as bad so Windows won't try to use them moving forward.

One more thing... if you had bothered to actually read any of my posts, you would have seen that I've already fixed several issues.  Cheers.

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

Infecteduser05784956, Since you posted in Am I Infected and indicated malware could be involved, please wait for someone who can help you determine if the system is infected.

#8 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

Hello,

please download MiniToolBox by Farbar and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator and make sure that these options are checked :

• Flush DNS
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List Installed Programs
  • List last 10 Event Viewer errors

Post log here .

Step 2

Download TFC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.

Run it as Administrator and click on Start button.

If programs need reboot, allow it to do so.

NOTE: IF your desktop disappears, don't panic, it's normal.

Step 3

Scan with Malwarebytes AntiRootkit

Please download MBAR and save it to your desktop.

Run tool as Administrator, tool will extract itself, and then launch.

Click Next to accept terms and conditions, and click Update to obtain latest definitions.

If malware is found click on Cleanup button , but make sure that Create restore point option is checked before proceeding !

Program will ask you to restart, allow it to do so.

Note: If you're experiencing internet connection issues or other anomalies after running MBAR and removal of rootkits, it is recommended to run fixdamage.exe located inside mbar folder. Run it as Administrator and press Y if asks you do you want to continue.

Step 4

Scan with Dr.Web Cure It !

Download Dr.Web Cure It ! and save it to your desktop.

Run the tool as Administrator,accept license agreement by putting a checkmark on it, and click Scan.

Scan may take a while so be patient !

If there's malware found, click on Neutralize button, if program asks for restart, allow it to do so.

#9 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:45 PM

Haha that process will take you hours to complete... just have someone fix it for you.  It'll cost less and you won't be so frustrated.  I'll stop helping you for free now.  Cheers.

#10 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:51 PM

Your avatar indicates that you're troll. NHF. This process takes less than 20 mins,i know what i'm doing.

#11 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:55 PM

Correct... does the person you're helping know what they're doing?  I only talked to him three times and I can tell you, no... he doesn't.  Thanks, tho.  Cheers.

#12 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:56 PM

I can help him if he performs steps mentioned above. Everybody can do it and no knowledge is required. Sorry if i offended you in any way.

#13 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

Nah, you didn't man.  I am a troll lol.  Just saying that this guy will take hours and hours to fix this when he should be factoring this cost into his yearly budget... cost-effective compared to what he's doing now, that's all.  :)  Cheers.

#14 Firehouse

Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:00 PM

This is free,but he can always fix it at professional.

#15 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:05 PM

Yeah, but there's a line where it's just too costly to keep trying to do it yourself.  With this issue, he can pay a professional $85 and it'll be done, as opposed to him working on the problem for hours.  He must not make much profilt... most business owners would consider this proposition costly, to say the least.  If I hadn't been in business doing IT for 20 years, I wouldn't have recommended it.  No offense meant to either of you.  Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users