Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't left click on programs and windows explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jimmyjam

jimmyjam

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:26 PM

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

One day, out of the blue, I started having issues switching between program tasks (so for example, Google Chrome to Skype).  I could fix it by hitting ctrl+alt+delete and then by just opening the task manager it allowed me to click on them. Let me make sure I'm clear that I had no problems left clicking inside of Google Chrome or Skype (or any other programs), I only experienced the issues when trying to switch between programs.

All of the above issues were on Windows 8.1 and I decided that it may be the perfect time to upgrade to Windows 10. Well, after upgrading to Windows 10 it has only gotten worse. Now I can left click on the start menu but I can't left click on anything IN the start menu. That includes things like, the power button, settings, file explorer, any program in the start menu, etc. I also cannot unpin any program from my task bar but I CAN left click to start items on the task bar. Ctrl+alt+delete into task manager no longer fixes the issues and I can't even click on task bar to open it. 

The ONLY thing that solves the issue is completely shutting down the PC and starting it back up again. But even then after a while it starts to have similar issues.

Please help, this is so incredibly frustrating

What I've tried doing:

Changing out my mouse, turning off my Razer Deathadder's Razer Synapse Program, changing USB ports, upgrading to Windows 10, starting in safe mode when I had Win 8.1 I was not able to replicate the problem but that doesn't mean it won't do it again in safe mode.

This is one of the strangest issues I've ever had after owning so many PCs for years. Thanks so much for your help!

Hardware:

MOB:MSI-7693

CPU: Amd 8320 (3.5ghz 8core)

RAM: 8gb

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200

Series Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jimmyjam

jimmyjam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:00 PM

After doing some more diagnostics I discovered that the mouse works 100% properly if connected to the front USB port (and after a PC restart) but again has the same symptoms if connected to any of the back ports. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users