Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I stop Excel from printing a Summary Sheet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 asamomof2

asamomof2

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:58 PM

I am getting a summary sheet, a blank sheet, my document and then another blank sheet every time I print from excel.  This only happens with excel documents and it happens no matter what printer I try to print to.  I am using Windows 7 and Office 2010.  As suggested by Microsoft I  closed the Document Properties panel and that did not change anything.  Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:52 PM

Do they all show up on the print preview?

#3 asamomof2

asamomof2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

No they do not.

#4 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

Do a repair of Office first.  Go to Control Panel, then Programs and Features, then find Office on the list, right-click and hit Change.  When the window comes up, choose Repair and click Next.  Let me know if this fixes the problem. Cheers.

#5 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:37 AM

So try this to see if it is a merged cell empty issue.  If you change the print order to DOWN THEN OVER

Page Layout> Page Setup> Sheet >Print Order DOWN THEN OVER

if you do that do the blank pages now print at the end instead of in between?  If so then you may have some merged cell data as described in this issue.

... If you have any insight into what I just described, I'd love to hear it.  Thanks again.

The only thing that comes to mind would be two cells merged across the last column and the unused one to the right. This would actually explain the extra pages as any Excel Print Area must be rectangular in shape and the merged cells would force printing an empty page with the extra column for every page in the original Print Area definition. Hope that is clear to you as it is only as clear as mud to me.

I'm glad to hear this got cleared up. Thanks for the feedback and the kind words.

#6 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:45 AM

So try this to see if it is a merged cell empty issue.  If you change the print order to DOWN THEN OVER

Page Layout> Page Setup> Sheet >Print Order DOWN THEN OVER

if you do that do the blank pages now print at the end instead of in between?  If so then you may have some merged cell data as described in this issue.

... If you have any insight into what I just described, I'd love to hear it.  Thanks again.

The only thing that comes to mind would be two cells merged across the last column and the unused one to the right. This would actually explain the extra pages as any Excel Print Area must be rectangular in shape and the merged cells would force printing an empty page with the extra column for every page in the original Print Area definition. Hope that is clear to you as it is only as clear as mud to me.

I'm glad to hear this got cleared up. Thanks for the feedback and the kind words.

I thought this too, but it doesn't show up in the Print Preview.  It would if this were the case.  Odd issue, to say the least lol.  Cheers.

#7 asamomof2

asamomof2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:05 AM

I tried the Office repair first.  Did not fix it.  I checked the print order and it is already set to DOWN THEN OVER. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users