Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 ports

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kurikitty

kurikitty

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:49 AM

Hi, I'm trying to port forward for the game Ark Survival Evolved, but while I'm doing this I'm shown two different ipv4s. To port foward I tried creating a static ip, but for the ipv4 my computer is using there is no default gateway...so what do I do? Thanks in advance and here's some info:

Router: Asus RT-N56U 

Connected by a cable to router that's in a different room.

Edited by kurikitty, 30 July 2015 - 10:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

Post the results of a ipconfig /all via a command prompt for review.

#3 kurikitty

kurikitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

Ok, sorry if this seems really stupid, but I fixed the first problem. Now I have a new one. I reset my ip and disabled a loopback adapter, so now I have only one ip. Now when I setup the static ip and forward the ports, then I check if they are open on canyouseeme.org, the website has a different ip than the one shown on my computer. Which port should I be forwarding?

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:13 PM

No reason to disable the loopback ip.  Why would you do that?

"Which port should I be forwarding?"

You already know what ports to forward when you said

"forward the ports"

"on canyouseeme.org, the website has a different ip than the one shown on my computer"

Common misconception.  canyouseeme is listing your public ip address you get from your ISP.  This is not to be confused with your local lan address which is a private ip address that you get from your router.

Google private ip vs public ip for more information on the differences.

according to this site ports TCP/UDP: 27015 and TCP/UDP: 7777 need to be forwarded

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=454319195&insideModal=1

Edited by Wand3r3r, 30 July 2015 - 12:13 PM.

#5 kurikitty

kurikitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

I installed the loopback a while ago myself, but I'll enable it again. I thought it was creating problems and read I didn't need it.

#6 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:25 PM

I think we maybe talking two different things.  I suspect you mean MS Loopback adapter.  You do not need this installed.  What I was referring to was the loopback address which is 127.0.0.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users