Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot back up my PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Yony

Yony

• Members
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:50 AM

Hello

I have been getting a message back up files! this has always failed to happen, I have recently purchased a 2TB external hard drive that says "just plug in to USB" & it will work? it shows as removable media in section J: I am still very much a novice but thought I could get this to back up my PC: I still not getting backed up! & have had an error code 0x000019 I have tried reading up about it but do not unerstand, I hoped you could help me as you have before with your excellent step by step instructions please!

• Windows 7 64 home preimium!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jayarelawler

jayarelawler

• Banned
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+back+up+using+windows+backup&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=how+to+backup+using+windows+backup

Your biggest problem here is that Windows Backup will not manage the disk space.  That means that your backups will continue to work until you run out of hard drive space, then they will start to fail.  I would recommend using a third-party free backup solution:

https://www.google.com/search?q=free+backup+software&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users