Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected By Win32.parite.b

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jamo

jamo

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:06 AM

hi guyz.am in big trouble as i found out that my machine is infected by win32.parite.b virus,after scanning with avast antivirus.none of my programs is starting ,as it shows that .exe of that program is infected.i dont want to lose any of my files.
HELP!!.how can i get rid of the virus, and where do you think i got it from.because i dont have internet at the moment.it seems it affects all executable files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:41 AM

Hello jamo

From a computer with Internet access download Sysclean Package and save it to a usb stick or CD. Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files (lptXXX.zip) and save it to your usb stick as well.

If your running Win XP/2000, also download Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0 and the Ewido Full database installer with all current ewido signature files from here. Save these to your usb stick. Then print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.

Transfer the Sysclean Package, Ewido and their definition files to the infected computer. Install Ewido following the instructions you printed out but do not perform a scan just yet.

For the Sysclean Package do this:
1. Create a new folder on drive "C:\" ("C:\New Folder") and rename it Sysclean.
2. Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
3. Extract the lptXXX.zip pattern file into the same folder you created for sysclean.com.
4. Close all open applications and DISABLE your current anti-virus software. Some anti-virus programs such as Avast will alert you to a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them first.

Reboot in "SAFE MODE" and perform a scan with Ewido, again following the instructions you printed out.

Then open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com to run. It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.

Exit when done, reboot in normal mode and re-enable your anti-virus program.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users