Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Solitaire...Accept Ads....Pay To Remove Them...Or Break The Addiction

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,986 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

As expected, due to the FREE offer of Windows 10, Microsoft will be looking for ways to profit. Though you could get the paid version of Solitaire in Windows 8 it wasn't

pre-installed as is the case in Windows 10.

SOURCE: Windows 10 Ad-Free Solitaire Costs $9.99 a Year - Fortune

Will an ad blocker such as Adblock Plus hide the ads?.....don't know....but I bet it wouldn't

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:28 AM

No, Adblock Plus only blocks ads in your browser.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:30 AM

I am sure there will be plenty of free versions in the app store or just pull the one from Windows 7, legal issues aside.

#4 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,966 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

If you knew the URL from which the adverts were coming it might be possible to set up some sort of blocking which makes it impossible for ANY program at all (including browsers and programs with adverts inserted like this) to receive data from the URL in question.

Also there is always the option of finding a solitaire program to download from another site, no doubt there will be open source third party programs for this, free third party programs for this and paid third party programs depending on where you look. Some of them will probably be of the sort which can just be run as an on-demand exe file rather than needing installation.

Edited by rp88, 30 July 2015 - 11:12 AM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#5 wfallon

wfallon

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 PM

Posted 08 December 2015 - 07:40 PM

Win 7 games for win 10.

There are several out there.

The safest is probably the one from Winaero, They've been around a long time.

bill

#6 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:39 PM

Posted 14 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

I've been using Solsuite from Treecardgames.  It's a $10 one time purchase, and works great.  I've been using it since Windows 8 came out.  It has hundreds of variations on Solitaire, but I only use Spider solitaire.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users