Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet Connection / HDD 100% Activity / Possibly Malware WIN10

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 oooops

oooops

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:49 AM

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate your help with this. My antivirus notified of malware yesterday (I failed to take note of malware name). Also scanned with WIN defender at the time and noticed BrowserModifier:Win32/DefaultTab in history but I think my antivirus found something else too. I proceeded with cleaning/quarantining etc but I lost internet connection afterwards (displays as connected to wifi router but internet connection not available). I followed multiple online guides to fix it but no luck. I also performed system restore (I know I probably shouldn't have done that) but again no luck. Also the fan is constantly very loud, HDD activity is at 100% and it takes a good while to boot up, and when it does, it is terribly slow (5 mins to open ccleaner for example).

Attached is FRST log & additon. Hope you don't mind that I'm attaching both as it's huge.

Laptop details:

Make: Acer V3-771g (i7 8GB RAM  - shouldn't be slow at all...)

Thank you in advance! :)

Attached Files

Edited by oooops, 30 July 2015 - 05:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 oooops

oooops
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

UPDATE: I could not afford to wait long so after multiple unsuccessful attempts decided to reset windows which did the trick and all seems to be working perfectly. Please close the topic. Thank you.

#3 TB-Psychotic

TB-Psychotic

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 02:16 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.
Proud Member of UNITE & TB

My help is free, however, if you want to support my fight against malware, click here --> btn_donate_SM.gif <--(no worries, every little bit helps)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users