Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"NoScript filtered a potentially dangerous cross-script"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 windows8newb

windows8newb

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:32 AM

Hi,

I got the above message (or something of similar wording) this morning when I logged into online banking.  I've been using NoScript for years and don't think I've ever seen that.  I logged out, logged back in, and didn't see the alert again.  I changed my password just in case and logged in again and still didn't see it.  Should I be further concerned?

Thanks!

Edited to add that sometimes omtrdc.net shows up on my banking site as a script that NoScript is blocking, and sometimes it's not there.  I have never allowed it.  When I got that message, omtrdc.net was listed as being blocked.

Edited by windows8newb, 30 July 2015 - 06:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,943 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:40 AM

If No-Script blocked the Cross-Script you should be fine. That is what it was designed for. Another option in No-Script you may want to add is to block iframes under the embeddings tab. Banks usually have a way to contact the Webpage technical staff. You could call your bank and ask them too.

Here is a description of omtrdc.net

Edited by JohnC_21, 30 July 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#3 windows8newb

windows8newb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for your reply.  It has not happened again since then.  I have now blocked iframes in NoScript as per your suggestion.  I also called my bank and got a nice helpful tech who opened a ticket for me.  He didn't have a good reason for why it happened, but he noted all the information and said it would be looked into.  He said that things could be broken because they've updated the sign in process (this is true, I received plenty of legitimate official communication about it ahead of time, and sort of expected that things could be broken).  So I'm not terribly concerned.  Thanks for the suggestion to block iframes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users