Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems when installing Win 10

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 keithy397

keithy397

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:45 AM

Hi,

After an hour or so of trying to install Win 10, it restarted and went back to Win 8.1?!  I looked at the update window and it said Windows Update Fail, WindowsUpdate error 80200056

Any ideas chaps before I give it one last go?

Edited by keithy397, 30 July 2015 - 04:47 AM.

Cheers

Keith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:18 AM

Hi keithy397 :)

According to the list of errors you can encounter during the Windows 10 upgrade, here's the one you got:

This error might mean that the upgrade process was interrupted because you accidentally restarted your PC or signed out of your PC. Try upgrading again and make sure your PC is plugged in and stays turned on.

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/upgrade-install-errors-windows-10

The solution here is to try to upgrade again and make sure the whole process go throught without the computer restarting accidently during the process.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:29 PM

You actually don't need to touch your computer during the upgrade process until you see the Windows 10 lock screen.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

I am getting this message 80070005 when I try to update to windows 10

John

An Australian Living in the USA

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

0x5 error code means that you don't have enough permission to accomplish a task, since it's "Access Denied".

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:38 PM

0x5 error code means that you don't have enough permission to accomplish a task, since it's "Access Denied".

Which possibly means you need to ask your computer administrator to do it for you.

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:39 PM

Could be something else. If you are an Admin, and try to install Windows Update but get a 0x5 error message, this won't be easy to troubleshoot but I can give it a try.

unite_blue.png

#8 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

I've had some weird experiences with Windows Update on Windows 7, like an update causing explorer.exe to crash on startup, or an update that makes it so I can't install .NET framework.

#9 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:49 PM

Could be something else. If you are an Admin, and try to install Windows Update but get a 0x5 error message, this won't be easy to troubleshoot but I can give it a try.

thanks for the offer. I am the owner of the computer and I have been having problems with this computer for a while Firefox and opera are always crashing I have tried all type of things to fix it but who knows

John

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,629 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:50 PM

Create a thread in the Windows 10 section saying that you cannot upgrade because of the Windows Update and I'll jump in. This way we won't hijack this thread.

unite_blue.png

#11 JohnWJ

JohnWJ

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:50 AM

Create a thread in the Windows 10 section saying that you cannot upgrade because of the Windows Update and I'll jump in. This way we won't hijack this thread.

Done

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users