Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 N Media Pack?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Txanquility

Txanquility

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:49 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:25 AM

On my previous installation of Windows 8.1 Pro N, I lost some functionality when I wiped the device, this was found to be due to some drivers interacting with WMP and in the end I needed to download the Media Pack which worked out to be the solution.

Now I'm on Windows 10 N, and I can't find any Media Pack equilivilent. Is there one out yet?

I've tried installing the Windows 8.1 Media Pack but to no avail.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:49 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:21 AM

Hi Txanquility :)

Windows Media Center has been discontinued in Windows 10, hence why you won't be able to find any of it's features anymore. For more information, consult the link below.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/rip-windows-media-center/

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Txanquility

Txanquility
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:24 AM

Hi Txanquility :)

Windows Media Center has been discontinued in Windows 10, hence why you won't be able to find any of it's features anymore. For more information, consult the link below.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/rip-windows-media-center/

Hi Aura,

Hmm, thanks for the article. The only working solution provided by users on the Lenovo forums is the installation of WMC, it interacts with the driver that allows me to use the laptop as a tablet etc by changing the screen orientation.

Looks like it's back to 8.1 for me then?

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:29 AM

If you want to use the Windows Media Center, you will have to stay on Windows 8.1, yes.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Txanquility

Txanquility
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:31 AM

If you want to use the Windows Media Center, you will have to stay on Windows 8.1, yes.

Thank you for your help! Is there an easy way to revert back?

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:38 AM

Yes, you can do a Recovery to the version of Windows you upgraded from. Follow the instructions in the article below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/go-back-to-your-previous-version-of-windows

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users