Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This makes no sense

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xXShiverXx

xXShiverXx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

This is a bit hard to explain but my wifi is seriously messed up. But it only happens in the summer, once I'm back in school it's fine. This happened last summer too. But my wifi is ONLY good on the floor the router is. The one above my room. When I'm in my room I can maybe get the wifi for a max about 30 mins before I have to turn it off and on again to get it to work. I don't know if this helps but apparently I have two wifis. I have the passwords to both so it's not my neighbors. I just discovered this about a half hour ago. Both work fine (most the time). How do I fix this so the wifi doesn't drop every half hour? And so I can stay in my room and still get a sting signal like I do during the school year? Does anyone know why this is happening?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 05:38 AM

Possibly due to interference.  Do you have an Android device?  You can use Wi-Fi Analyzer to get an idea of other Wi-Fi networks in your area.

#3 xXShiverXx

xXShiverXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

I don't but my mom does. I'll try it on her phone

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

You can download xirrus wifi inspector and use it on your wirelessly enabled pc or laptop to do the same thing.

Edited by Wand3r3r, 30 July 2015 - 12:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users