Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Update Tint Issue

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ravinwind

Ravinwind

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:40 AM

OK quick question that hopefully someone has an answer for.

Just upgraded to Windows 10.   As happened before when I upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10 there is now a tint issue on my secondary monitor.  Unfortunately can't remember how I fixed it last time or even if its in the same place on Windows 10.

First, no, is not a cable issue or monitor issue as both work fine on other computers.

I have an AMD  Radeon HD 7500 Series graphics card.

This is what happens.   The computer starts its normal boot sequence in which there is no issues with color.  You sign into windows and everything is normal. As the startup programs and drivers start to load up all of a sudden a kind of faint yellowish tint snaps into place over the monitor screen.   Additional issue is that tint on web pages is also messed up.   In the areas that it should be white in the background or only have a slight static tint the color starts changing as you scroll through the page.   It goes from a slight lavender tint, to a bluish tint, to a greyish tint, to the standard normal white like is supposed to be, to a yellowish tint, to a pinkish tint, and back to a lavender.  This becomes a real problem as it gives the page background almost a strobing effect if you start scrolling through a page fast.  

My understanding is it might be a feature that is associated with an eye strain reducing feature, though am not sure about this. Though do know every time I have had a major graphics driver update this issue has popped back up.  I know after hours of hunting to find a way a way to turn it off, I managed to get the tint turned off from some setting in the computer the last two times it happened, unfortunately have no clue what that setting was or where it was, or if it is even the same in Windows 10 since has been a long time since had to deal with the issue and since I hated Windows 8 I didn't bother learning its ins and outs.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.     

Edited by Ravinwind, 30 July 2015 - 12:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Ravinwind

Ravinwind
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:08 AM

Update:  Ok Adjusting the Saturation and Brightness in the Catalyst Control Center helped with the yellowish tint but has not done anything to stop the tint changing in the background of web pages when you scroll through a page.  Happens in all web browsers I have Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Tor, and Safari. 

Edited by Ravinwind, 30 July 2015 - 01:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users