Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firejail sandbox a Sandboxie alternative for Linux

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

Hi I discovered a Linux Sandboxie alternative about half a year ago and just recently I started using it's called Firejail and while I'm not an advanced user I still get some use out of it and frankly I just feel safer using it. Firejail is fairly easy to install and use, to sandbox Firefox you just enter firejail firefox in the terminal and there are other FJ profiles as well such as private mode https://l3net.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/firejail-a-security-sandbox-for-mozilla-firefox-part-2/ which creates a temporary clean browser profile and deletes the contents after your done which is ideal when testing add-ons. You can also create your Firejail own profiles like private-keep which copies your browser profile and deletes the contents after your finished but I don't know how to do this.

Here's a video I found about Firejail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUW0L2Yj_us

I hope everyone finds this useful and I hope it will help keep all of you malware free. :wink:

Edited by SuperSapien64, 30 July 2015 - 11:01 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 984 posts
  •  

Posted 08 August 2015 - 09:31 PM

A little up here with some help I was able to figure out how to use the privat-keep feature for Firefox, to use it you simply type firejail --private.keep=.mozilla,Downloads firefox in the terminal but you have to run a bash-script in order to keep your downloads. 

#3 snlpnstslocn

snlpnstslocn

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:05 PM

interesting thank you for sharing!!! I'll give it a go and update if I come up with something useful!!!

#4 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 984 posts
  •  

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:11 PM

Your welcome snlpnstslocn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users