Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Critical Driver Missing but Keyboard/Mouse won't work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GeneralRevan

GeneralRevan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:03 PM

Hey! So recently i had to move my desktop around in order to install a new desk and ever since my computer has had A BSOD.The Error is as follows 

The Operating system could not be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors 

File: Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvpciflt.sys

Error Code: 0xc000007b

I have Windows 10 (my operating system for about a month) on a flash drive in order to repair the files however i cannot access my keyboard or mouse. I've tried changing the ports and none of them seem to be providing power. I can't even access the bios at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by GeneralRevan, 29 July 2015 - 09:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jcgriff2

jcgriff2

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 1,109 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 02:51 AM

Hi. . .

If you've had to carry around a USB stick with Windows 10 OS on it for the last month for the sole purpose of replacing corrupted Windows files, it's time to reinstall Windows. 

W10 was a beta version and therefore potentially subject to unstable behavior.

Is Windows 10 actually installed on the system's internal HDD or SSD?

Bugcheck 0x7b - Inaccessible boot device; Windows cannot locate the HDD partition with Windows on it.  It can't find the hard drive.

You can run SeaTools for DOS, long test to test your HDD - http://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/4072-hard-drive-hdd-diagnostics.html

Windows 10 RTM was released yesterday. 

Revert the system back to it's prior OS -- if W7, W8, W8.1, upgrade to Windows 10 for free - https://insider.windows.com/

There is a W10 90-day trial available - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn798751.aspx

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

Microsoft MVP 2009-2015
Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2018 - Present

#3 GeneralRevan

GeneralRevan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

Thanks for the reply! I don't have windows 10 on a flash drive solely for Tepairs, it's just that I have yet to reformat it since I used it for the install. However it is installed on a 120 gb ssd with nothing else in it.

And I'm not sure how to run the program you listed since none of my isn slots seem to be working. My mouse just flickers on for the slightest second and turns off and my keyboard/ flash drives don't seem to be receiving power at all.

Edited by GeneralRevan, 30 July 2015 - 07:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users