Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

lost control over computer remote access virus of some type

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 gpjones1987

gpjones1987

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:22 PM

i have lost all security controls and lots of things are locked down. seems to be running in the recovery drive. need help removing it. thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

Hi and welcome to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum,

I am thcbytes and I am here to help you!

I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.

Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.

Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.

In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch this topic. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be advised when I respond to your topic by email.

Please try to complete the steps and reply at least every 24 hours. If you find that your delayed just post a quick reply here and let me know!! After 5 days if your topic is not replied I will assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.

I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!

Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.

<<<<<<<<<<

Lastly if you have not already done so you should consider backing up your important data - pictures, documents, etc... Worse case scenario is need for a wipe and reinstall your operating system to its factory settings. Therefore your precious data will be salvaged. There are both free and paid applications available.

Cobian Backup
DriveImage XML
CrashPlan

<<<<<<<<<<
  • Please download Rkill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below (if one of them does not work try another...) and save it to your desktop:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

• In order for Rkill to run properly you must disable your anti-malware software. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
  • Double-click on Rkill. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
  • Note: You may have to run Rkill a few times before it is successful. You may also have to download Rkill from a different link which will save it as a different file name.
  • A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
  • An Rkill.log will appear. Please copy and paste the contents in your reply (file also located at c:\rkill.log)
  • Do not reboot your computer after running Rkill as the malware programs will start again. If your computer reboots, run Rkill again before continuing on to the next step.
  • If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.
<<<<<<<<<<
  • Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop ---> Important
  • If you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one should
  • Double click the icon
  • Click Yes to the disclaimer
  • Make sure the Addition.txt box is checked
  • Click Scan and allow the program to run
  • Click OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen
  • 2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply
<<<<<<<<<<

With your next post please provide:

RKill log
FRST log
Additions log
Further detailed description of your problems

Kind regards,
thcbytes
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

#3 thcbytes

thcbytes

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,790 posts
  •  

Posted 06 August 2015 - 07:13 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.
Proud member - Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators
Posted Image

I do not accept personal donations for assistance provided. I would ask that you instead consider donating the greatest gift - Organ Donation. Your organs are of no use to you when your gone. You will save a life that would otherwise be lost!

http://donatelife.net/register-now/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users