to the Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
I am thcbytes
and I am here to help you!
I ask that you refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer
. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received and do not proceed if you need clarification.
Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems please stop and tell me about it. When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide you with detailed suggestions for prevention.
In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch this topic
. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification
and then Proceed
and you will be advised when I respond to your topic by email.
Please try to complete the steps and reply at least every 24 hours. If you find that your delayed just post a quick reply here and let me know!! After 5 days if your topic is not
replied I will assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.I would also like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please be courteous and appreciative for the assistance provided!
Again I would like to remind you to make no
further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. Your computer fix will be based on the current
condition of your computer! Any changes might delay my ability to help you.
Lastly if you have not already done so you should consider backing up your important data - pictures, documents, etc... Worse case scenario is need for a wipe and reinstall your operating system to its factory settings. Therefore your precious data will be salvaged. There are both free and paid applications available.Cobian BackupDriveImage XMLCrashPlan
- Please download Rkill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below (if one of them does not work try another...) and save it to your desktop:
- In order for Rkill to run properly you must disable your anti-malware software. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
- Double-click on Rkill. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
- Note: You may have to run Rkill a few times before it is successful. You may also have to download Rkill from a different link which will save it as a different file name.
- A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
- An Rkill.log will appear. Please copy and paste the contents in your reply (file also located at c:\rkill.log)
- Do not reboot your computer after running Rkill as the malware programs will start again. If your computer reboots, run Rkill again before continuing on to the next step.
- If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next reply.
- Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop ---> Important
- If you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one should
- Double click the icon
- Click Yes to the disclaimer
- Make sure the Addition.txt box is checked
- Click Scan and allow the program to run
- Click OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen
- 2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.
- Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply
<<<<<<<<<<With your next post please provide:
Further detailed description of your problems