Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need a list for all members!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,071 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:19 PM

You folks that have made the leap need to be kind enough to post what software is having issues, many folks rely heavily on some programs and cannot afford to buy new stuff that may not accept their files. 

I have spoken to several business people that say they are down right afraid, not so much the cost up front but also the upset to their businesses and loss of custom software that is crucial.  Many will stay with 7 until 2020, I am leaning that way myself lately.  Some say all MS is doing is piling on crap they have no need for.

A buddy is one of the IT's for our county, they are working with another firm to keep what the county has now.  I worked there for a few years they have some extremely expensive HIPA software, it is protected by some great hard and soft protection but they are worried what 10 might bring.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:47 PM

Wouldn't it be a better idea for you to present a list of software they are concerned about, and folks can chime in whether they installed it?  HIPAA-compliant software is not gonna be something your average user will install, for example.  I've even installed the old Fortune 500 staple Multimate Advantage II without DOSbox, and Lotus 1-2-3 with DOSbox, SmartSuite 9.8.2, MS Office Professional 2003, but those aren't usually issues for your corporate clients.

Yeah, the bloat in Win10 is so irrelevant to business I wonder how MSFT even can look in the mirror.  IT will have to spend weeks just using Group Policy to get rid of that stuff, to slipstream the image they need for their machines, but supposedly at the Academy MSFT stands at the ready to help. I don't know that's true.

None of my clients are telling me that they are moving to Win10, and most are still on XP.  US Government and municipal/state filings cater to XP but some parts have moved to Win7.  Parts.  So whatever software you got in mind to query, I can ask around if I know what it is.  I don't know anyone with HIPAA moving to Win10, or even to Win7 (though they should be going to Win7).  Most of my clients are physicians, not institutions, but they can ask around.  They are generally not computer-savvy (iPad or iPhone is their limit).

Does this feedback help?  Yell at me if not.

Edited by brainout, 29 July 2015 - 06:01 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users