Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Disk Drive Forgot password

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 andi1000

andi1000

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:17 PM

I have a Toshiba HDD from an laptop and i want to use it on a desktop pc , that i dont have anymore and it requires an password wich i don't remmeber. I don't wanna recover any of the files i just want to use the HDD , and i can't press BIOS menu key f10 because it wont let me.  a sign writing enter password shows up .  MK3265GSX is the model of HDD toshiba HDD2H83 320GB.

Please if someone can tell me a way to open it even by reseting it completly. It seem to have the password inside HDD because i tried on different computers and it's still there. Hope you can help me.

Edited by andi1000, 29 July 2015 - 04:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,751 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:26 PM

Have you tried it as a slave in another machine?  If you can get it recognized in disk management you can format it there.

Edited by OldPhil, 29 July 2015 - 04:26 PM.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#3 andi1000

andi1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:52 PM

I don't understand can u tell me how to do that please.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:31 PM

If you had a Hard Drive password on the Toshiba and you no longer have the Toshiba, then there is not much you can do with the drive. The password you set when the drive was in the Toshiba is in the firmware of the drive. The drive will not even let you format it. The drive may have a master password that Toshiba would provide if you can prove you are the owner but I am not sure it can be done without the laptop itself.

There is a company called HDD Unlock but it will cost a fee. See the list of supported drives. The Wizard software only runs on 2000/XP.

http://www.hddunlock.com/

#5 andi1000

andi1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:19 AM

is there any software that can crack it? or hack it

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:17 AM

None that I know of other than the link I provided. Toshiba has a master password. If the master password was not set then you can call them and they should provide it but you need proof that you are the owner and because you no longer have the laptop, I am not sure how that is possible. If the drive is old enough then you can try the generic master passwords. I can't help with that. You would need to Google it.

#7 andi1000

andi1000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:32 AM

I added an fully working HDD with OS installed and i booted up the computer , first it asked me for a password and i did both tries wrong and system didnt restart but it took me to the installed operating system on other HDD. Now im inside the computer but i cant see the other HDD but it's connected with plugs. Please help

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:59 AM

Even if you could see the hard drive you would not be able to access it because it has the password in firmware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users