Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Missing hard drive; is it failing?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:36 PM

While using the computer, I had got a "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR". The disk had failed to respond when it was trying to make a minidump. Now, the HDD has gone missing. It has disappeared from the BIOS. I'll try wiggling the sata data cables around, which is going to be a huge pita since the computer is a small from-factor. Worst case scenario would be the hdd is so screwed up that i'm unable to salvage any data from it. Any suggestions of what to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,628 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

Pull the hard drive and place it in a USB external enclosure or USB adapter. If it still does not get detected then the only way to get your data back would using a professional data recovery service.

#3 Kirbyofdeath

Kirbyofdeath
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 459 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:46 AM

False alarm, the sata data cable came loose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users