Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop for Adobe Photoshop cs6

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bechelle

bechelle

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:01 PM

I need to purchase a laptop to run Adobe Photoshop CS6. I had a Toshiba Satellite i7 quad core with 12 RAM and it responded slowly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheN00bBuilder

TheN00bBuilder

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:46 PM

It shouldn't run slow unless it has no/a bad GPU or a virus. Have you run Malwarebytes Anti Malware and see what it turns up? And also, what is the model of the CPU and GPU? Its not all about how much RAM you have.

Sorry if I snap at you. I can't stand stupid for more than 5 minutes at a time.

#3 bechelle

bechelle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

I burned up the motherboard on my Toshiba because I didn't use a cooling table I guess. The specs to the Asus I am considering are in the link below. I'm not familiar with the terms CPU and GPU Thank you.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-black/3466017.p?id=1219582884796&skuId=3466017

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

The only reason I can think of that it may have ' responded ' slowly is if it were using an intel based onboard graphics.  The 2 in one touchscreen you suggested I would not consider to be a 'speedy' system either when it comes to using CS6. 

Are you doing real time rendering or just manipulating pictures?

You may want to look at the MSI or ASUS laptops from xoticpc.com or even amazon, if you get an SSD for the OS drive and a larger secondary drive it will be a very quick and snappy system.  I suggest not going below the 960m mobile nvidia processor.

Good Luck !

#5 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,354 posts
  •  

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

Having a speedy desktop with a remote connection to a portable laptop might suit you, especially since the desktop will be upgradeable.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users