Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"It's July 29. Do you know where your Windows 10 ([...]) bits are?", ZDNet

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:17 AM

It's July 29. The Windows 10 rollout officially has begun.

july29.jpgWindows Insiders are getting the final (Build 10240) bits and a bunch of recent updates and fixes downloaded to their PCs starting today. It may still take weeks for everyone who has "reserved a copy" of Windows 10 to get it, Microsoft officials have warned. My ZDNet colleague Ed Bott has a helpful Windows 10 frequently asked questions (FAQ) post worth checking out.

But that's not the only thing happening today. What else is going on?

It's July 29. Do you know where your Windows 10 (and Office Mobile) bits are?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 gigawert

gigawert

Computer Consultant

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

I don't care, I have a crappy 5mb DSL connection and yet my PC just completed the upgrade process from Windows 7 in around 45 minutes.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 Jazzgirl

Jazzgirl

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:25 PM

My Windows 10 upgrade is about 75% done. I haven't had to do anything special at all except sit here. We'll see how it goes after its totally done though.

ETA: The setup completed finally. I still haven't experienced any issues at all. Its setting up my apps now. This is probably the easiest Windows update/upgrade I've ever experienced and I've used Windows since version 3.0.

Edited by Jazzgirl, 29 July 2015 - 12:49 PM.

#4 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:09 PM

Upgrade for win 10 finished an hour ago. Funny how after upgrading I can't access my settings...

#5 Dragonlady24

Dragonlady24

• Members
  • 703 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:46 PM

it seems it takes a while for everything to finally sync over. I will keep 10 for a few days to see how things go for now it seems like alot of things got blocked in the registry from the upgrade but I can access the settings via right click, then control panel. weird!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users