Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Laptop Graphics/Video problem after factory reset (pics)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 doesnotkompute

doesnotkompute

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:40 AM

Hello all, this is a 6 year old Toshiba laptop that was having some general lag/bloat/popup issues so I just did a factory reset and completely downloaded all Windows Updates..  But, after the factory reset, it started having video issues.  You can browse the web without much problem as long as you aren't on pages with videos or lots of images, but if you start watching videos and graphics intensive pages, the videos will (sometimes) go bizerk (like the one on Facebook posted below)  or just random odd discolored/graphics pixelation in random places on the screen, or, it will just go blue screen (picture also shown of that).  This doesn't happen immediately or constantly, but it happens enough to make the computer practically unusable.   I searched the Toshiba site for an updated video driver and the newest file was from 2009, the year the computer was bought, and it didn't work anyway.  

I have tried everything I know, but I remember having a similar issue with an XP desktop once and it turned out to be a simple patch.  But, I don't know what to do with this.  Is this a software issue or is something with the hardware going bad?

Videos often do this, and often this distortion appears randomly in small areas on the monitor.  A blue screen frequently follows:

4l1v0w.jpg

2l8ezr9.jpg

k0g6jc.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users