Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting worse performance with gtx 960 than 560Ti

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pomegranate23

Pomegranate23

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:26 PM

Hello,

I recently purchased a new Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 WFOC 2GB to replace my old GTX 560 Ti. However now that I have tried it in a few games (R.U.S.E, GTA V, Rocket League) I'm experiencing very bad performance/quality. In the case of R.U.S.E(2010 game) and Rocket League I've even had to lower the graphics from the settings that were set for my old gpu. 

Things I've tried so far is to upgrade my motherboards bios to latest version, move a ram card so that they are now both on blue spots(In case it was a ram issue, heard they should be faster that way).
I've also downloaded several monitoring tools. So far only used in rocket league , where I get a 60-70% gpu load in the menu, and can get up to 80-100% load while in game with what I think is low-mid graphics. The CPU cores while in game are between 20-60% load, with the 4th being the one thats always under the most load it seems. Temperature wise all components look fine (according to speccy) with the gpu being MAX ~55 C ingame.
I've also deleted old drivers and installed new ones. All other drivers should be up to date as well.

I really don't know what's wrong. Is it perhaps a bottleneck issue, card damaged or incorrectly installed? Should also mention that I'm no expert, this has been the first PC that I've built.

I could add more info/details if needed, and thanks for any help in advance

Full system specs (copy pasted from old purchase order):

Case: kab BitFenix Outlaw 
MK MSI P67A-C45 Socket 1155, P67, ATX B3
HD1TB Seagate SATA 6Gb/s 64MB ST1000DM003
CPU Core i5 2500K
Corsair 8GB(2x4) (KIT) DDR3* 1600MHz/VENG. 
PSU Fractal Design 550W Tesla/550W/80+
DVD±RW Samsung 22X DL Sva rt, Bulk, SH-222BB/BEBE
And of course the new Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 WFOC 2GB 

Edited by Pomegranate23, 28 July 2015 - 10:37 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Pomegranate23

Pomegranate23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:49 PM

Changed the GPU Clock to "OC" using gigabytes own tool. Performance got slightly better but still nowhere near where it should be :S Any ideas anyone?

#3 IWant2Help

IWant2Help

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:09 PM

Well the low cpu usage is weird.

Did u check cpu temps?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users