Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 apps

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 louie469

louie469

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

Is it safe to uninstall most of these things....dont use 90% of them or have use for them

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

Hi louie469 :)

It's perfectly safe to uninstall every single apps on your system if you want. You don't have to use them at all if you don't want to. I uninstalled mine on Windows 8.1 and nothing bad happened.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

You can, just make sure you don't uninstall any programs that say things like "driver" or "update". Also don't uninstall things like .NET Framework, Visual C++, or Visual Studio. Doing any of that will cause the programs you do use to stop working correctly and/or an unstable system.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

You don't uninstall apps the same way you uninstall a program gigawert. These are two different things :) To uninstall programs, you go throught the Control Panel, to uninstall apps, you go throught the Metro Menu or Windows Store. No drivers are installed that way.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:42 PM

I'm not the most familiar with Windows 8.1 but generally I consider programs to be the same as apps, sorrry.

Edited by gigawert, 28 July 2015 - 06:42 PM.

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#6 louie469

louie469
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:42 PM

cool thanks guys, was just wondering so many of them its crazy

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:43 PM

Programs and Apps are two different things however, so they aren't the same no :)

And no problem louie, you're welcome.

unite_blue.png

#8 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:43 PM

They're just there so you don't have to open up a browser as much and do stuff.

#9 louie469

louie469
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

thanks again guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users