Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hypersensitive touch-pad?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 whitelighter27

whitelighter27

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

I've got an ASUS laptop pc that runs Windows 7. Alot of times when I'm typing, if my hand or thumb even lightly brushes up against the touchpad accidentally, I'll lose a whole page of text that I've just typed or (worse) cause an email that I'm still composing to be sent.

I did a search and appear to have the most recent touchpad software for this brand. I do need to have touchpad compatibility, but is there any way I can adjust the sensitivity? There are websites that give instructions on this, but they appear to be for older models; at least they weren't able to solve this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:32 PM

There should be some kind of touchpad icon in the tray (bottom right) or if you click that little arrow. There you should be able to customize the sensitivity of your touch pad and other options.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 whitelighter27

whitelighter27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:05 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:00 PM

I don't see an icon or arrow.

#4 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:22 PM

Click the arrow on the left of the little icons and it should show more icons.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users