Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yellow Exclamation Mark On Other Devices In Device Manager.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Aramus

Aramus

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

Hello,

Recently my computer crashed and came up with a error saying : DPT_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

I restarted it after it said it would restart, because i left it for an hour and nothing happened. When  I was on my windows 8 computer I checked the drivers in device manager and found a yellow exclamation mark on a unknown device. I searched it online and said the driver was not installed propably. This was probably caused after reinstalling windows 8 on my computer : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579755/cortana-and-start-menu-broken/

Please help

From Aramus  :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:05 PM

Hi again Aramus :)

In your Device Manager, right-click on that device and select Properties. From there, go under the Details tab, and select Hardware Ids in the drop down list. Copy and paste the first line that will appear in the middle textarea here please.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Aramus

Aramus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

ACPI\VEN_OBDA&DEV_0623

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:14 PM

These are the drivers you are missing.

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Bluetooth/Bluetooth_Realtek_1.0.91.2_W81x86_A.zip?acerid=635494780718214750&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=ASPIRE%20SWITCH%2011&Step3=SW5-111&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

Download and install them, then restart your computer.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 Aramus

Aramus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

Thank you Aura. Can you tell me what times you work?

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:21 PM

What times I work, you mean, my work hours? I work from 8 to 4 everyday, and get home around 5PM.

unite_blue.png

#7 Aramus

Aramus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:23 PM

Thanks Aura 

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:24 PM

No problem, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png

#9 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

I think He meant when youre online helping people

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:24 PM

Oh. Then pretty much all day long, everyday from 6AM to 10PM in the week, and later in the weekend (both start and end). Pretty much because I browse the forums a lot at work (I'm free to) and I receive email notifications whenever someone replies to a thread I posted in and I reply right away whenever it's possible.

unite_blue.png

#11 Aramus

Aramus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 165 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

You must be really busy

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:27 PM

Well, I don't mind to be honest. I enjoy what I do and I like to help other people so it's not really a burden :) I decided to spend my life in that domain, if I enjoy it, then it means I took a good decision.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users