Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Network or Internet Activity Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JohnPaulHelp

JohnPaulHelp

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:55 PM

Currently running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit on an HP computer purchased several months ago.

The Wireless Network Connection Status popup window Activity shows the following:

Bytes Sent:        28,853,819

Bytes Received:  8,155,502

What is causing the high number of bytes being sent, and where are they going?

Thanks in advance for any assistance in resolving this issue.

JohnPaulHelp

2015-08-28

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gigawert

gigawert

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:57 PM

Is this soon after you turn on the machine? If not, this is perfectly normal behaviour.

John 3:16

"God loved the world so much that He gave His uniquely-sired Son, with the result that anyone who believes in Him would never perish but have eternal life."

#3 JohnPaulHelp

JohnPaulHelp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:50 AM

Yes, shortly after I turned on my computer, and not running any aps including web browsing (I use Internet Explorer 11) or reading email (I use Microsoft Outlook).  This morning, the numbers from Wireless Network Connection Status are:

Bytes Sent:       2,324,082

Bytes Received:  299,742

This large Bytes sent is new behavior on the part of my relatively new computer.

Thank you for your response.

JohnPaulHelp

2015-08-29

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users