Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows 8.1 running slow

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jung_527

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:10 PM

Hey, this is my first time using this website. I'm a little new to computers, and I'm having my first issue with my new laptop which runs on win8.1. Ever since I made I few downloads without having a anti verse support, the system has been running a little slow. I downloaded malebytes and they was over 150 threats detected. After they were removed my laptop is still running slow, as well as being a little buggy. Could some one please assist me on this matter. I'm low on cash and can't afford the warrant from best buy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Firehouse

• Members
  • 637 posts
  • Local time:08:27 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

please download MiniToolBox by Farbar and save it to your desktop.
Run tool as Administrator and make sure that these options are checked :
  • Flush DNS
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List Installed Programs
Post log here .
Step 2
Download TFC by OldTimer and save it to your desktop.
Run it as Administrator and click on Start button.
If programs need reboot, allow it to do so.
NOTE: IF your desktop disappears, don't panic, it's normal.
Step 3
Scan with Zemana Antimalware
Download Zemana Antimalware and install it on your system.
Under Scan type choose Full Scan and let the tool scan system.
If malware is found click Next to remove it, if tool asks for restart, allow it .
If no malware is found , just exit program.
NOTE: Leave actions at default.
Step 4
Scan with Norton Power Eraser
CAUTION: NPE uses aggressive methods to detect and remove malware,so do not touch any of settings !
Download NPE by Symantec and save it to your desktop.
Run the tool as Administrator,accept license agreement,and click  Scan button. 
Program will ask you to reboot to continue scanning (includes rootkit scan),so allow it to restart.
After restart program will automatically launch itself and start scanning. Scanning takes 5-10 minutes,so be patient !
If malware is detected,make sure that Create restore point option is checked,then click Fix button. After that,click on Restart now to complete removal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users