Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help - acer laptop blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Fyryce

Fyryce

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

hello,

I'm looking for help with my 2005 acer laptop which won't boot up even in safe mode, I do however get the blue screen of death.

Brief history : I got a new laptop a few months ago so I put the old acer away. I decided to give the old laptop to a family member so I retrieved all my important data from the laptop and reset it to factory settings. This all worked fine and of course it went back to vista OS...once I finished all the updates (this took quite a while) I then updated to windows 7 which i was using before on this laptop, again this was successful.As I continued to install programs I had previously on the laptop (malwarebytes, Panda anti-virus etc.)..everything installed and worked properly so I continued to install windows office...the laptop rebooted several times successfully, until...the blue screen of death appeared..at this time I tried to start in safe mode to no avail...the laptop would try to repair itself and came up with the 'contact the manufacturer' screen...since this is an old laptop that had been running for quite a long time I feared I damaged some hardware...I managed to get to the 'reset to manufacturer settings' default screen by hitting the F key on start up, but it required a password...the default password, apparently in 000000..this did not work and I don't have any other password, so now I'm at a standstill...I have used your expertise before successfully and I hope you can help again...I've attached screen shots of the errors...thanks in advance.

Chris

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,650 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

See this link on recovering the Acer Recovery Password. You can use a bootable rescue disk like the one here to access the partition and aimdrs.dat file.

https://www.winhelp.us/basics-of-data-recovery-cd.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users