Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer running slow, freezing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dijinni

dijinni

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:00 AM

I have run my ccleaner, malwarebytes antimalware antirootkit, dr webs cure it, trend micro housecall online virus scan, avast antivirus, trojan remover, emisoft emergency kit, and adwcleaner.

emisoft found 25 issues with 2 not posing a risk, quarantined these issues and still computer is slow and freezes however after running emisoft computer does not freeze as fast.

I need help and am not too computer savy, I have not been able to get any of my online schooling done for three days and am falling behind.

Please help me

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 28 July 2015 - 10:02 AM.
Moved from Win 8 to 'Am I infected?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dijinni

dijinni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:33 AM

I also forgot to add I have norton 360 and did pay for defender pro, the defender pro will not work at all so that is a waste of $80.

when I try to run the malwarebytes for antimalware and antiroot kit the computer freezes before they complete, with the antimalware I get all the way to heuristic analysis and then it freezes.

#3 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:37 AM

Well your first problem may be Norton 360... That program is an incredible resource hog... But try running in safe mode and see if it's faster... If it is then it's probably a program that's hogging up all your resources... Let me know the top 10 processes when you start your computer and how much resources they are hogging...

#4 dijinni

dijinni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:02 PM

Java Update scheduler

Avast antivirus

Trojan Scanner

Emsisoft ral Time Protection

Conexant High Definition Audio Filter

SmartAudio CPL

Microsoft OneDrive

CCleaner

SuperAntispyware Application

These are what are running when I start my computer

#5 dijinni

dijinni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:18 PM

all the processes are low with exception of Super antispyware and Emisoft real time protection

with Norton is silent mode the same as safe mode?  If so did not change a thing

#6 dijinni

dijinni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:21 PM

sorry computer keeps freezing........the antispyware and emisoft are at medium for resources at start up

#7 dijinni

dijinni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:12 PM

Got my computer running great now..............computer tek company helped me with computer...........Issue is resolved

#8 ArazelEternal

ArazelEternal

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 AM

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:41 AM

Did they tell you what the problem was?  If they did, please let us know so other people can use the fix.

#9 dijinni

dijinni
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

The main problem was too many antivirus, antimalware, antispyware, trojan protection running on computer.........they said some programs will interfere with others and to only have one reliable one.........I got rid of norton since this happened before when I had norton, I was being stubborn thinking since I paid for norton I should ride it out until it expired...........I am using Defender Pro now which is recommended by the tek that helped me out, and also ccleaner, adw cleaner all recommended......also pc medic was recommended but have not checked it out as of yet.

Hope this helps out one person

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users