Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Blank screen after sleep mode leads to BSOD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aperio

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:15 AM

For the last two weeks, whenever I tried to wake my desktop computer from sleep mode I was presented the sign on screen and within a split second by a blank screen. For the last 5 years it had worked perfectly.

I knew there could be a plethora of reasons for this, so I began by disabling ASUS's AI nap. After this I decided to update the ATI Radion HD 4300 driver.  I asked it to search the internet and went for a coffee. Ten Minutes later,  much to my amazement, it had installed the new driver without me asking! There was a warning message which I could not decipher.

I then ran Norton to scan the entire computerand went for another coffee.  On return found this:

Problem signature

Problem Event Name:                      BlueScreen

OS Version:                                        6.0.6002.

Locale ID:                                           2057

Files that help describe the problem

Extra information about the problem

BCCode:                                             10000001

BCP1:  86E806EC

BCP2:  00000000

BCP3:  00000001

BCP4:  00000000

OS Version:                                        6_0_6002

Service Pack:                                     2_0

Product:                                             256_1

I restarted the computer in safe mode and rolled back the driver. I then did an aggressive Norton scan which came up with nothing.

I used ccleaner to clean out the residual files and checked what was in the start-up list and came across these entries which I immediately disabled. I scanned and then removed all references to them from the registry.

No    Task    IHSelfDeleteTASK        CMD /C DEL C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\IHU76F3.tmp.exe

No    Task    IHUninstallTrackingTASK        CMD /C DEL C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Temp\IHU756C.tmp.exe

My problems seem to have been resolved but I thought I would leave a note here in case any one else comes across this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  • Local time:07:36 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:38 AM

Greetings Paul ^_^,

Thanks for posting this. In case you are still experiencing BSODs, please feel free to post back :)

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users