Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor goes to Sleep. No signal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 405 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:54 AM

I've been helping a friend with a custom built computer.  It has a I7 Quad Core Processor and 8 gigs of Ram.  Runs Windows 7 Home Premium.

When I first started working with the computer the video connection signal would not work.  After looking online I found that removing, cleaning, and reseating the Ram might help in getting the video to work.  I did that and it did in fact work and the video worked fine. 

I spent 2 days cleaning the computer and making sure virus protection was in place.  All worked perfectly with no further video feed problem.  Then last evening I turned on the computer to show my friend how well the computer was working and I had the same problem with the monitor going to sleep.  You can hear that the computer is logging on to Windows.

Is there anything else I can try to do.  Would it make any sense to remove the video card, clean it, and reseat It like I did the Ram?

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Edited by hamluis, 28 July 2015 - 09:34 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,066 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:53 PM

Hi JazzMahn,

what is the motherboard, video card and  power supply make/model/specs?

if possible, a speccy link would be helpful.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Upon the initial boot, are you seeing the splash screen? usually it is an OEM such as Dell or HP. but for custom builds, it is the motherboard model, accompanied by the boot options like F2 for safe mode or BIOS etc. if you are getting the initial splash screen, then there is hope!!!

Edited by synergy513, 29 July 2015 - 02:54 PM.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users