Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Files disappeared and Desktop altered

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 borisdingleberry

borisdingleberry

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:10 AM

Hi all,

So just now, I booted my computer up and unlike yesterday, the Desktop appearance is all different, I don't know how to explain it, but some shortcuts, icons, files are missing, the aspect ratio is weird, and the computer is much slower. Also, all the files in my Documents and Downloads folder are missing, but I have since been able to find all the files intact elsewhere in C:\Users\Netth.

I've tried searching for solutions online, some telling me to do a system restore, which I have tried but I get an error telling me there was a conflict with my antivirus despite running this in Safe Mode. Any help would be appreciated, I'm not sure what caused everything to go all wonky, but from what I read its due to a virus hiding my files? Also, I`m running Windows 7.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users