Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gaming laptop?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gacl_*

Guest_gacl_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:03 PM

Hello all, I am looking at getting a new laptop.  I want to know how good of a laptop it is mainly for gaming.  I only really play League of Legends basically.  How will this new laptop run that game?  Also how does it compare to my current laptop?  Let me know, thanks!

Current laptop:

AMD A10 5750m @2.5ghz (3.5ghz turbo)

10GB Dual channel DDR3 ram

Radeon 8650g

1TB Hard drive

NEW laptop:

Intel core i5 4300U @1.9ghz (2.9ghz turbo)

4GB Ram

Radeon 8750M 1GB GDDR5

500GB Hard drive

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheN00bBuilder

TheN00bBuilder

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:33 AM

I think it would run it okay. Certainly a lot better CPU. Not sure if the GPU is much of an upgrade though.

Sorry if I snap at you. I can't stand stupid for more than 5 minutes at a time.

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:40 AM

Hello,

I would not consider either one of these two considerations much of a gaming laptop.  Although the specs for League of Legends is not that high, the two laptops you suggest are extremely similar in performance.  The one you have is actually faster than the 'new' one.  As far as processing power goes.  Not sure where noob's post was pulling his info from but you can see here the comparison of the two processors.

As far as the video goes those are also very similar and even though the 8750m is ' newer ' they perform almost the same.  So, you would ' see ' no performance improvement at all.  You may even see a decrease in performance simply because the Intel's processor is a bit slower.

If you want to do gaming I suggest you look for a laptop that is ' built ' for gaming.

#4 SEANIA

SEANIA

• Members
  • 377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:21 AM

Your current laptop can play that game. 

The other laptops CPU is just as fast. Maybe a tad faster but not by much given going by both their respective benchmarks. This is mainly because the i5 in the 2nd one is in the "u" series which means it's extremely under clocked for better battery life and less heat. The GPU in it is about 80% faster the your current laptop. 

There would be a lot more games you could play with the 2nd one as its GPU breaches into 600 GFLOPs barrier and is thus on par with the Nvidia 9800GT/X so many games have listed as their absolute minimum requirements. 

So..same CPU, and a 80% increase on the GPU side that makes it barely usable for today's games. League would run a whole lot better on it, but I'm not even sure it's worth getting if that's all you really want to play.

99% of the time, I edit for type-o's and grammar. I'll note it if that's not the case. 

I write near essays for most my responses, and then try to condense as best I can to the introduction of one. Less is more. Let me know if I post to much. 

I do a lot of spacing for readability. Let me know if that makes my posts seem to big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users