Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

transfering video to acer a100 tab

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davey crockett

davey crockett

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:26 PM

Hi - Would anyone be aware of a relatively easy way to transfer MP4 files from my pc to my acer tab? I would like to be able to watch movies on it where there is no internet access.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:32 PM

A micro usb cable would be the quickest. It should mount like a USB stick when attached to your PC. Just open the device through Windows explorer and put the vids where you want them.

#3 davey crockett

davey crockett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

Thanks - I did a hook up via that route - my pc said you can't transfer files here when I tried to send the file to the acer. I didn't open the device first though so I will try it..

Edited by davey crockett, 27 July 2015 - 10:57 PM.

#4 davey crockett

davey crockett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

A micro usb cable would be the quickest. It should mount like a USB stick when attached to your PC. Just open the device through Windows explorer and put the vids where you want them.

I have tried this, opened the device and tried moving MP4 files from the desk top to the tablet. I'm unsure of which folder to place the files in, for instance, when I  moved a file to the downloads folder, I was unable to locate them on the tablet. Do I have to sync the tab to my pc running windows 7? Most of that stuff is beyond my ability level. Or maybe I should download the you tube movie at home (strictly using the tablet if such a thing is possible) so that I can watch it later at my workplace, which has no internet connection?

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:36 PM

I'm unsure of why you cannot find the files you put on your tablet. I have never had an issue like that before...

Maybe someone else could shed some light on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users