Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMD Drivers not responding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Miguel_92

Miguel_92

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 27 July 2015 - 02:46 PM

A few months ago i decided to see if my graphics drivers needed updating, so i checked and a new update was available. But recently they've decided to start crashing all the time, and uninstalling them etc didn't work in the slightest. What else can i do? Because yesterday was the first time in a while that youtube,twitch or anything to do with playing video hasn't made them crash, but i know it will happen again. And i also believe AMD are telling me to install drivers that my laptop doesn't suit.

My laptop is running windows 8.1 and it's a 64Bit machine.

Edited by Miguel_92, 27 July 2015 - 04:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 AM

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

So...are you running Nvidia drivers? Lately there seems to be a lot of problems with Nvidia cards both integrated and standalone.

In my opinion, I upgrade drivers on anything only if I start having problems and can positively trace the cause back to that component; I have see too many of this kind of thing where buggy upgrade drivers cause as many problems as help.  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

> Are you sure that your video card is causing the problems? Did this start immediately, like within 10 minutes, after installing the updated drivers? Make totally sure the the video drivers are the problem and not something else.

> If so, roll back the drivers: try a system restore to a date immediately before this started.  OR:

> Get on the Nvidia website, and download the drivers that were originally on your laptop; sometimes these manufacturers will have older drivers posted, especially video cards. Look for a video card remover program supplied that will auto-remove the drivers first, then install the original ones. You can always enter Explore, find the Nvidia folder, and manually remove the drivers in Safe Mode, but be very sure that you have the correct drivers to immediately reinstall on a CD or thumb drive!!

> If you are a very lucky person and have the drivers on a CD that came with your computer, use that to uninstall the old drivers and reinstall the originals.

> If worse case happens and nothing works, try a refresh reinstall, but do this only as a last resort.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/26095-repair-install-windows-8-a.html

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 Miguel_92

Miguel_92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:36 PM

I can confirm it is the drivers, because after installing them the first time they started to crash. Then they did it again so i might just get rid of these ones and download the last version of them via the HP Assistant because they never crashed once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users