Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

photo folder content merged to .dll

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clement_jr

Clement_jr

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:57 AM

Hi all, 

I wanted to move the photos from my camera to my pc as usual. but somehow, the entire folder of photos have somewhat merge into a single file of 2.03gb with extension .dll.

not sure where went wrong. Any idea how to open it up? I really dont want to lose these photos. Am i virus attacked?

Thanks.

https://imageshack.com/i/paUoipiUj

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 28 July 2015 - 03:17 AM.
Moved from AII to 'External hardware'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 PM

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

Whoa! Note sure what kind of freak think happened but... Probably not a virus. From what I can tell the pictures ARE still there but somehow the folder has been corrupted. Try running Recuva and scan the camera and see if you can recover the photos with it... let me know what happens...

-Benjamin

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,959 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:12 AM

Just to add to what Benjamin said. When you run Recuva you will be asked where you want recovered files to be saved to. Do NOT try to save them on the memory card, instead create a 'Temp' folder on your hard drive and save them there. The reason is that if you try to save them on the memory card you run the risk of over-writing any files which may be on it.

Recuva is good effective software - it has saved my bacon more than once - but you have to be aware that all recovery software runs a risk of failing.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 Clement_jr

Clement_jr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

i think the sd card was devoured. It can't be detected anymore. TT

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,631 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 PM

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:18 AM

The file in the image you posted shows 0bytes in your DCIM folder, not 2.03GB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users