Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a Good Gaming Laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 link9us

link9us

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:48 PM

Ok here is the deal, my previous laptop that i own right now is an HP pavilion G series with an AMD A6 3420, and AMD readeon 6520g graphics chip.

Well turns out that my warranty for this product expired like 2 weeks ago so i am unable to do anything as far as getting it repaired, apparently it has a video card issue and my video's or anything that requires high intensive video playback like playing 10bit or 8bit anime files, the computer over heats and craps out.

So bottom line is i have to buy a new laptop, because this one is not going to last long and i can't do any repair on it, it will cost me 230 dollars just to reevaluate a protection plan with the manufacturer. So with that being said, i need some advice on a good laptop that actually will NOT over heat, for goodness sakes.

So well performence is most important for me, i am thinking bout going the extra mile this time arund and purchasing a solid "GAMING LAPTOP". Now there are a few that i found. My budget is any where around 1000 dollars, or close to it, not much more then that though. But if you guys can give me some possible solutions on what to buy, that would be most helpfull. Above all else i want something with sufficient cooling. I can not tell you how many times a laptop has burnt out due to heating issues and well i don't expect it to be as powerful as my gaming desktop rig. I stil want a decent laptop, upwards to a 1000 dollars would be about midtear for most games. I also do alot of encoding on my computer and lots of streaming. I watched tons of video's so specifically i want it build for that. I like the idea of around 16 or 32 upgradable memory to would be nice and HDMI ports as well as USB 3.0.

Now here are some selections that i was looking at my self.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SATBQVK?colid=3ISU3TTYKARMS&coliid=I2KW1HZFRABIVK&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T7XRH2A?colid=3ISU3TTYKARMS&coliid=I2OHU4V8Z4581H&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RGMEUTC?colid=3ISU3TTYKARMS&coliid=I1G1V52KR64SM4&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SATBQVK?colid=3ISU3TTYKARMS&coliid=I2KW1HZFRABIVK&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl

Now i really like the idea of a little bit larger screen, 15" is kind of on a smaller end on the Asus. But the Asus laptop was in like some of the top ranking charts for many computers, as was the lenova. The acer is one that is literally rated the highet on nearly every single market store i go to. I am not sure why, i always though Acer was kind of a cheap brand for gaming laptops.

Anyways do your resarch if you can and try and find a decent good laptop gaming machine, a good brand that is either equlivent or better then these for my price range. Thanks!

Edited by Queen-Evie, 27 July 2015 - 08:10 AM.
moved from System Building and Upgrading

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:14 PM

A short term fix might be to clean out the inside of your current machine.  Odds are the cooling sinks have a layer of lint on them.  Clean it off may be as simple as removing the keyboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users