Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have windows 8, can't upload to 8.1

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tireman608

tireman608

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:46 PM

i have been running windows 8 on my pc since I've had it. As of late I want to get it ready for Windows 10. I keep getting an error. See attached SS.

Thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

Welcome to BC .

Do you have Windows update KB 2919355 installed ?

As far as I know this update needs to be installed for the 8.1 update to happen

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#3 tireman608

tireman608
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

Thanks for the welcome. My wife say's you all are the best!

As far as having that KB 2919355 installed, I'm not sure. 

How do I go about checking this?

Thanks

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,939 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:54 PM

To view your update history
  1. Open Windows Update by swiping in from the right edge of the screen (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), tapping or clicking Settings, tapping or clicking Change PC settings, and then tapping or clicking Update and recovery.

2. Tap or click View your update history.

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

#5 tireman608

tireman608
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

I must confess my wife had a look at my computer and realized I didn't have all my updates, updated!

My computer is now ready for Windows 10.

I will crawl away and hide now.

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,939 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:22 PM

Well Done !!!!...it is all good.

We all learn a little bit every day....and there is always someone here at BC to share with..

I also have worked against myself by not having appropriate updates installed etc etc

So you are far from being alone in that respect !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users