Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

vista-synaptics update ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 4uz

4uz

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:42 PM

i have toshiba laptot model sat l45-s7423.from 2007.somtimes touch pad arrow hangs up and won't move.have sut down ad turn back on for it to work.current driver is 15.1.20 /is this ok or do i need an update.if so what's a website to download it from.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:56 AM

The Vista driver for your touchpad is located here:  http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/driver_touchpad_synaptics_26469A.exe

This is a direct download, so be sure to scan it with your antivirus BEFORE opening it on your system.

Otherwise, visit http://support.toshiba.com and enter your model number there.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 4uz

4uz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

thanks for your reply usasma.i ran auslogics free defrg the other day .the current driver seems to be working .i had no freezes since then.i put your recomened download driver-which is 10.0.3.o  in my documents folder.should i install this or keep the 15.1.20 driver ? of this if you want to give me a slightly more detailed explanation of this i will listen cause you are a MVP .it's your call boss.

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

I have no idea how you got the original driver on your system.
But as the driver is for a Toshiba system, it's wisest to get the drivers from there.

Long story, but I suspect that you got the other driver from Windows Update.

And, we've seen a lot of Synaptic driver issues (mostly Win7 and 8) lately, so using the one that Toshiba says is correct was the most likely fix.

FYI - the drivers (such as the Synaptic driver) that are uploaded to Windows Update aren't certified by Microsoft.  They just make the space available so that other manufacturer's can upload updates there (it's easier for users).  Occasionally there's a problem and it takes a while to straighten it out (but overall it's a good system).

Good luck!

Edited by usasma, 30 July 2015 - 08:48 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 4uz

4uz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2015 - 04:52 PM

what do you mean about origanal driver?when i posted the driver was 15.1.20.you gave me a tap on site.i downloaded and put in documents folder.#10.0.3.0 driver.i got the 15 from googling.vista/synaptics update.lots of sites poped up.forgot name of site but it downloaded 15.1.20 .is this what your referring to about origal driver.of this machine is working.should i leave as is or down load your driver 10.0.3.0.?

Edited by 4uz, 30 July 2015 - 05:25 PM.

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:41 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding.  Work, home, and medical problems all combined to take away my time.  Sorry!

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" :0)

If the driver is working properly - don't mess with it!

#7 4uz

4uz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

thank's for your replys. i'm going to leave the way it is.so i'll be closing this post now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users