Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My laptop is not runing on full speeds

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SladeWilson

SladeWilson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:03 AM

Hello everyone i have a problem with my laptop, it is acting very weirdly, so i'll start this right from the beginning. I have laptop (i'll list the specs little bit later on) it's Asus X750J with Windows 8 and i bought this machine about a year ago and it was really good laptop by the time and used to work very well and i could play games with it no problem , but now about a month ago it started getting slower and slower, it took abnormally long to start up and the disc was about 100% in use at the first 10-15 minutes when i logged in to my user, so i decided to refresh it with the program that you can find from computer setting in windows 8, the one that will wipe all the drives clean and install windows again.

So now my laptop was pretty much in it's factory settings, all the files removed (viruses cleaned too if i had any suppose), and the laptop was running smoothly like in the beginning when i got it new. I started installing all the old programs i had to get back to point where i were before the reset but i expected it to work fine now ofcourse, my laptop had McAfee antivirus program but i wanted my avast that i had lisence left so i removed the McAfee with the uninstaling program that i found from it's folder and then i installed the avast but i found out that the avast had a huge effect on my pc's performance so i deleted it and started using windows defender. Then i upgraded my pc to windows 8.1 from windows store and the things started to get bad again, first thing i noticed was that my Battlefield 4 would not work it just kept crashing every time i tried to launch it i tried to repair the problem with no succes, then my Intel ® Display audio started failing, i tried to fix it by uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it (didn't work) and i tried to do windows upgrade which helped for that problem but the battlefield problem was still there . So then i decited to refresh my pc once more the same way as earlier.

So now my pc was clean again... and i started installing all the software's again but not avast this time, and didn't upgrade to windows 8.1 either cause it caused my bf4 to stop working, so now my pc was fine for me i think and worked ok i ques, but then i tried to install DayZ and play it and then thing started to go bad again, i got error code 0x00000000 every time i tried to open the game and then i had to shut it down cause it gave me no other options, bf4 worked tho but my google chrome started crashing and giving me "hes dead jim" error with purple screen and that dang block with weird face, so then i figured that everything isn't ok now and started looking some answers again, i tried to reset the google chrome as it was the instruction to do from googles own support and it didn't work, so now i wen in to computer setting and next to refresh was the option to clean to computer if it's not working right (this one didn't get rid of any of my files, or most of them at least).

So now after doing that i didn't get the 0x00000000 error message anymore but my chrome keeps crashing tho, and i got a different type of error which was 0x6...... something i can't remember it (sorry), and my pc is running bit slow too, my disc usage is again in high hundreds at few first minutes of my pc's start up and logging and then it settles and my windows defender is disabled too for some reason and i can't get it to work 

So that's my story with my Asus and those are the problems that i'm having so i would like to know that is there any way to fix this and get my pc working like a dream again someday or do i need to go to my back yard and dig a hole and bury this thing in the dirt 

ps: my laptops specs are the following:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8076 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 381093 MB, Free - 320735 MB; D: Total - 550703 MB, Free - 434631 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X750JB
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users