Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

missing menu features

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 airezenmaster

airezenmaster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:21 AM

Just upgraded to Linux mint 17.2 cinnamon (unfortunately) I downloaded a video to downloads then I right clicked scrolled down and WTF? " Copy to" is missing! I'm not a drag and drop person. I'll erase the whole Os and reinstall 17.1 first. I want the copy to back with it's sub menu. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Al1000

Al1000

• Global Moderator
  • 7,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

Hi airezenmaster and welcome to Bleeping Computer. :welcome:

Open File Manager, click on the Edit tab, select Preferences.

In the Preference Manager Window that opens, click on the Display tab.

Are there a couple of boxes near the foot of the screen under Move/CopyTo menu?

Checking them if they are unckecked will hopefully solve your problem.

Edited by Al1000, 26 July 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#3 airezenmaster

airezenmaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

Well I really screwed the pooch now I got pissed and removed cinnamon.6.13+Rafaela now I can't get in my computer as I have no desktop period! I can't even access terminal! I'm screwed

#4 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,694 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:15 PM

You removed it how?

#5 cat1092

cat1092

Bleeping Cat

• BC Advisor
  • 6,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 PM

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:51 AM

airezenmaster,   :welcome:   to BC Forums! 

Looks by the various Topics & comments, that Linux MInt 17.2 was a rushed project, it affected MATE as well as Cinnamon, though my issues are different & won't hijack the OP's Topic with these. 

About your install, was it the only OS on the computer & a dual boot with another one, such as Windows? If that's the case, that OS can be fixed with a bootable partition tool, such as the Mini Tool Bootable Partition CD. It's an ISO file & can either be created as a Flash drive media with Rufus or Universal USB installer. Or burned to CD. 

Link to the Mint Tool partition bootable CD image. 

http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html

Boot to it, if there's a Windows OS installed, click on the drive & select Rebuild MBR, and the OS version will be shown, just choose the one for that OS, press OK or Enter, now at the Top of the screen click Apply. That should fix the first OS, if Windows was in the first position.            

Let us know if this isn't the case, or how it works out.

Good Luck! :thumbup2:

Cat                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Edited by cat1092, 27 July 2015 - 04:52 AM.

Performing full disc images weekly and keeping important data off of the 'C' drive as generated can be the best defence against Malware/Ransomware attacks, as well as a wide range of other issues. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users